But what do they say? “Life is 10 percent of what happens to us, and 90 percent of who we become.” Correct?
Well, that is the focus of this entry. It’s about what happens to us and who we become. It is about getting in touch with who we are, so that we can see clearly into who we are becoming.
People visit psychics for a variety of reasons, but let’s be honest, the main reason is to get predictions. While inquiring about what’s ahead in life can help provide insight and ease fears, it’s important not to allow predictions to replace the inner voice of the soul and our human relationship with the ebbs and flows of life.
Though there are several techniques that exist to balance our energy centers and still the mind, including meditation, the key to finding peace of mind is through daily ritual, and meditation is just one.
Often taught as a form of ego-visualization, at the expense of an expanded imagination, some forms of meditation can lead us to think that our minds alone can control the outcomes of our lives. Not true. The unique power of the imagination is that it frees the mind from wanting control, which is fear in disguise, and the anxieties of everyday life.
The unique power of the imagination is that it frees the mind so that it can communicate with the highest potential of the soul.
Remember when you were a child, and could escape to faraway places through your imagination, maybe through books or just plain child’s play? Times when perhaps you could see or sense angels and fairies, and allow them to guide you higher into their realms? That is what I’m talking about. I’m not talking wishing and trying to impose the desires of the ego to manifest in the physical plane. No, no. Not that at all. This type of imagining is about freedom FROM the ego, not alignment with it in the form of wishing.
Imagination is the art of aligning the authentic desires of the soul to create images with the mind’s eye. The mind is a beautiful thing, but it can be easily led astray by the desires of the ego; a source of ourselves that has endless wants and desires. The imagination takes us to the place of who we are, and in that place, it shows us who we are to become.
The imagination takes us to the mystical, divine aspects of existence, where there is no doubt, fear or worry. The imagination gives us access to the part of our brains that is capable of experiencing “magic”— it is the world of Willie Wonka, artists, musicians, cooks, inventors, and writers—it is the “right” brain, located on its right hemisphere.
Keep in mind (pun intended): Without imagination, the world in which we currently exist would not be possible. No cell phones, no airplanes, no money, no cars, no modern conveniences.
My message for 2016 is to get in touch and recapture your gift of imagination. Turn off the TV and the Internet and reclaim and create your own images—be a rebel and refuse to let others take control of what you can conceive—resist images that make you feel worried or cause you to compare yourself to others.
You are here as a physical manifestation of your soul. You are not here to waste your time worrying about what you don’t have, but imagining what your soul wants you to do!
Below are tips for unleashing the power of the imagination and removing the shackles of the mind that feed on fear.
- Create a home environment that triggers your creative essence through the intentional use of light, color, and scent. Let your imagination guide you! Invite in sunlight by opening curtains and moving furniture so that it feels right with your spirit.
- Use aromas to calm your mind and spirit. My favorite scents include vanilla, coconut, and sandalwood, which I burn in the form of incense.
- Spend at least 10 minutes a day to letting yourself be totally still while listening to the sounds of nature; in this stillness listen to the sounds of your own breath as you inhale and exhale. Practice being at one with your breath and the melodious sounds of creation that surround you. Give yourself permission to not worry, and to just be!
- Imagine a cord that extends from the top of your head to the heavens. Let your body and mind feel light and you surrender to the energy of the heavens infusing your physical body with its light and love.
- As you ease into this feeling of surrender, let your soul speak, and speak back. Tell your soul how much you love and trust it. Thank your soul for giving you this life and reaffirm that you are aligned with its intelligence.
- Begin to imagine your life as an expression of your soul whose only desire is to fulfill its mission. Let go of all preconceived notions, social conditioning and the voices and opinions of others and just listen.
- As you allow the messages of your soul to flood your mind, feel yourself becoming excited about re-creating and re-inventing yourself! Feel the excitement of your potential, and the thrill of your self-confidence overwhelming you!
If you are interested in more information about personal transformation and manifesting through soul-alignment, please contact me.
Submitted in light and love and with every bright blessing!