Hey! I’m human. I get it!
But the truth is that we make decisions, and the beauty of being human is that we are gifted with the ability to reason and exercise free will.
Now, I know some of you have talked to other psychics and when predictions didn’t pan out, you were told is that the person changed their free will.
True as that might be, the real fact is that we may have subconsciously changed ours, too.
The topic of this post, therefore, is the power of free will and how to use it to align with the Universe to manifest what’s best for our lives.
Free will can be thought of as the mind’s ability to make choices. Sometimes the mind can act on impulse and make a split-second decision that is unforeseeable, but a lot of the time the mind is prone to habit, and makes choices in a pattern-like way until we become aware of why we make the choices we make.
Pain is usually the way this happens.
You’ve heard the old saying “No pain. No gain.” Haven’t you?
Well, that’s true. We experience pain until we become aware of the choices we make and how they impact the outcome of our lives.
When I was in my twenties, I thought I had life all mapped out. I would marry, have children, a home and all would be as desired.
But then real life hit me, like a ton of bricks!
Yes, I got married, had children, obtained graduate degrees, bought a home, etc, but once that had all been achieved, I was overwhelmed and most of the time miserable.
Why? You may ask.
The answer is because all of those decisions didn’t come from my higher self. Those decisions weren’t made based on alignment with the Universe. They were based on fear.
Fear of not experiencing what I wanted to experience in life. Fear of what my parents, peers and family thought. Fear of not being selected as a mate. And I could go on.
My highest self, in the meantime, was patient. It waited in the background until I was ready to confront it and listen to its voice.
The highest self is the intelligence of the heart, it is the soul.
The mind is the structure that organizes the messages from the heart and soul, but it is not the originator of those messages.
Once we become masters at listening to that original voice, and knowing the difference between the heart and the mind, we are free to experience what I call alignment with the Universe.
We are free to manifest that which is truly good for our lives.
The following are tips for getting into alignment and manifesting from a place of awareness and consciousness:
- Be an observer of your thoughts: When you feel your mind take you to fear and comparison, redirect to the source of life: your Soul. Listen to what the soul says without trying too hard to make sense of it.
- Give yourself permission to be discontent: Get off social media, which is the arena of comparison, gossip and narcissism. If you are discontent, be honest and transparent with yourself, not because you are comparing your life to someone else’s, but because you are genuinely discontent.
- Grant yourself permission to be fully present: Most of our mental discomfort comes from trying to live in a foregone past, or a yet-to-be materialized future. Grant yourself permission to just be at peace in the present moment.
- Adorn yourself with gifts of self-love, patience, and acceptance: You are the captain of your own ship. You deserve to have a steady head and skilled hands. Take it easy and don’t judge or become impatient with yourself or life as you weather your storms.
- Remember: The Universe is not your safety net and will not rescue you from your own choices. It will only help you help yourself. So, pay attention to the way that it speaks to you, and send it unconditional love the way it sends love to you! Listen!!!